June 9, 2011
So far this week….
- Teens met on Monday evening to pray together and discuss Bible study options for the summer.
- A.J., Jewel, & Seth took 9 children to Picacho, AZ, to Youth Haven Ranch bright and early Monday morning.
- A free breakfast and lunch program began on Monday. The meals are provided by a local organization and are available to children 18 years old and under. A mother of one of our Kids Klub children offered to start and staff the program, so there’s now a little “cafe” in the old Choice Books building between the church and the house!
- On Tuesday, the latest newsletter was rolling off the printer.
- On Wednesday, your newsletter might have been folded, stuffed, sealed, and stamped by the A-J-K team (A.J., Jewel, and Kelsi).
- On Wednesday evening, Kelsi and I took a van load of kiddos to a local church’s VBS. They hadn’t had the number of children they had hoped or prepared for, so it was a win-win for all involved — the children loved it (so much they want to go every evening) and learned about forgiveness, and there was plenty of staff to teach them and love on them!
And still to come….
- Another trip to VBS this evening.
- Another trip to Picacho on Friday afternoon to pick up the campers.
- The final Teen Night of the summer on Friday evening, where I hear there will be some “Minute to Win It” contests.
MAKE A DONATION TODAY
Your gift will reveal God’s truth to the people of Garfield through relationship with AimRight leaders.