Blog: Getting to Know Branden
September 22, 2016
Let’s meet Branden Hershberger, Aim Right’s newest intern. He arrived at the end of August, so this post is a little belated. Already we have greatly appreciated his friendliness and willingness to jump in and do whatever is needed. Branden answered some questions for us. Read on!
- Number of siblings: Two (an older brother and an older sister)
- Why you decided to become an intern: This is where God has called me, so here I am to do His work.
- Hobbies and interests: Spikeball, sports, playing cajon, writing spoken word/poetry
- A pet peeve: When people spell my name Brandon instead of Branden
- If money wasn’t an issue, you’d be driving a: 1970 Dodge Challenger
- You’d be excited to receive a gift card to: Wal-Mart or Amazon [Hint-hint to those of you out there who might want to bless him in this way. Interns love mail!]
- Today’s children and youth are searching for: Purpose, meaning, laughter, and acceptance
- What motivates you to serve Christ with your life? Romans 12:1 says, “…offer your bodies as a living sacrifice…” That’s what I try to do every day.
- A highlight of the past year: Performing in “Fiddler on the Roof” while at Rosedale Bible College
Source: Rosedale Bible College
(Branden is wearing a hat.)
- Nicknames: Big B, Hershy, and now thanks to a teen here in Phoenix, Triple B
- Which do you feel more drawn to: children or teens? Both
- What are your thoughts on ironing clothes? I don’t iron.
- Favorite Bible verse: It may seem like an easy way out, but Genesis 1:1, where it all starts (everything!).
- Person you admire and why: Darren Schrock: He’s been a role model of mine for quite some time now. He’s a great man of faith and an amazing influence in my life.
- Most unusual thing you’ve done or seen since coming to Phoenix: Real life cacti
- What you would tell someone considering being an intern: These kids are crazy, but they’re a lot of fun.
- What age you consider old: I’m not about to answer that!
MAKE A DONATION TODAY
Your gift will reveal God’s truth to the people of Garfield through relationship with AimRight leaders.