Blog: Getting to Know Kegan Yoder
Here’s a little Q & A with Kegan:
- Where you grew up: On a farm in Plain City, Ohio
- Why you decided to become an intern: I wanted to do a gap year after college in a setting I haven’t been in, and I felt Aim Right was a good fit [Kegan recently graduated from EMU].
- Countries you’ve visited: Costa Rica, Haiti, Peru, Morocco, Ethiopia, Kenya, England, Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Austria, Hungary [and he gets to add Mexico as of this coming Saturday!]
- Person you admire: Lecrae. He’s very outspoken about his faith and is a good example to people who listen to his music.
- If money wasn’t an issue, you’d be driving a: BMW i8
- Today’s children and youth are searching for: a sense of “belonging,” both in the local community and broader society.
- Dream job: Own my own business.
- Hobbies and interests: Reading and outdoor stuff (sports, hiking, etc.).
- For breakfast this morning, you ate: gummy bears and a chocolate chip cookie.
- You’d be excited to receive a gift card to: Target.
- Do you have any nicknames? I don’t, but the kids here are working on it.
- Most unusual thing you’ve seen since coming to Phoenix: A house down the street has a 15-foot spider in the front yard.
- What motivates you to serve Christ with your life? I feel like I’ve been blessed with opportunities and resources and feel like it’s my responsibility to use them for God.
Note: Interns love getting mail! If you know Kegan or one of our other interns (Branden and Aleisha), you can encourage them by sending a card, letter, or a gift card and letting them know you are praying for them.
MAKE A DONATION TODAY
Your gift will reveal God’s truth to the people of Garfield through relationship with AimRight leaders.