Aim Right welcomed a new intern, Aleisha Boley, at the end of October. You know you have a great intern when the intern tackles painting the office area all by herself and is still able to smile about it! We are blessed and thankful that she is here.
I asked Aleisha to answer some serious (and not-so-serious) questions so you can learn a little more about her. Here we go…
- What is your middle name: Li Ming
- Did you play any sports in school? If playing ball in the yard with your brother counts…I was homeschooled.
- What is the most interesting job you have ever had? I have had lots of jobs that were fun and interesting, but I would say that the time I worked at a yogurt place was the most interesting. I got free ice cream all the time!
- Favorite book of the Bible? I like a lot of the New Testament books, but my favorite would be Ephesians. It talks a lot about God’s love, a time for everything, and putting the armor of God on.
- What states or countries have you lived in? I was born in China. I lived in South Carolina, then moved to Ohio, where I spent most of my life. [Aleisha was living in Fair Play, SC, before coming to Aim Right.]
- Something you could eat every day and not grow tired of: Chinese food, all day, every day!
- Describe your family. Awesome, fun, loving, and always there for each other.
- Something you already like about Phoenix: The weather!
- Why did you decide to become an intern? Because I felt God calling me here.
- Favorite hobbies or things to do: I love to write, go to coffee shops with friends, drive in the mountains when the leaves change colors, and hang out with my friends.
- How you feel about driving a mini-van [the vehicle Aim Right provided for her]: I had to drive a mini-van for a while for my first car. But then I finally got a car, and now I went back to a mini-van. I like to call it Clifford the big red van!
- How do you think God has been preparing you to come here? I believe God put my friends from South Carolina into my life for this, because we would get together and just have good discussions about God (before, I didn’t really do that). Now I love having discussions.
- You would love to receive a gift card to ________: Ross
- Favorite holiday? Christmas
- Something you miss about home: My family and friends and the country feeling
- What is apiphobia? Do you have this phobia? Ummm….What kind of question is this? And I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure I don’t.
- A famous person you would like to meet: Jon Foreman
- Something you should never say to a short person: “Can you even see when you drive?”
- One thing you are thankful for: I’m thankful for the support I have back home.
- Describe the Kids Club you helped with in South Carolina. I loved it! It got tiring at times, but doing anything with fun and crazy kids always makes you tired if you don’t have your own. We had it every Sunday afternoon. We walked the kids to the church. We sang songs and had a story and snack for them. Like I said, most of the staff walked away tired, but it was always worth it.